Bar-Code Pallet Labeling
Pallet labeling is an essential element for improving tracking capability of finished products. Key features associated with the applicator systems provided by CC+I and Intermec include:
- All electric applicator - uses a precision stepper motor for applicator arm motion, eliminating the need and problems associated with a compressed air supply required by competitive units.
- Operator setup is simple and practically fool-proof - the user obtains a bottle label/can body, scans the UPC code with the tethered hand held scanner supplied for each applicator.
- No PC required – embedded printer engine includes enough computing power, I/O capability, and solid state memory storage capacity
- No dependency on the plant LAN – during normal operations. Each applicator operates in an independent, stand alone fashion.
- Simple network based host application - used to transfer new product information entered at the host level, for remote diagnostics, and program updates.
- Label information – may include product description, UPC code, SKU number, expiration dates, etc.
- Production time stamps - a battery backed real time clock/calendar provides the time stamps encoded in the label information.